Bowl Food Catering
Want to have a Fantastic Catering but don’t want a sit down meal?
Want guest to pick and choose what they eat and when?
Want Prepared in front of you, High Quality, Delicious Food?
Bowl Food Catering is such a great option if you want your guests to have a proper meal at your party but you don’t want to restrict people to a sit down meal. Guests can continue to mix and socialise with each other whist eating. With bowl food catering we usually have the Chef within the marquee cooking in front of the guests and creating a great visual spectacle and of course an amazing smell.
Bowl Food Catering is a great talking point and lets guests eat and mingle at the same time. It works really well for all sorts of occasions but we find it is really popular for 21st and 40th Birthday Parties, where guests want a proper meal without all the formality of a sit down meal.
Bowl Food Menu Options:-
- Rice Noodle Salad with Coriander Marinated & Seared Tuna
- Singapore Salad and Chicken Satay
- Paella with Fresh Seafood garnished with Saffron and Lemon Zest
- Steamed Red Pesto Couscous with Grilled Merguez Sausage, Tomatos, Coriander and Chilli Salsa
- Crispy Pork on Egg Fried Rice with a Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Roasted Red Pesto with Baked Salmon on a bed of Wilted Spinach and Garlic Mash
- Mini Cod and Chips with Heinz Ketchup, Vinegar and Sea Salt.
- Mini Toad-in-the-Hole with Onion Gravy
- Cumberland Sausage and Mash with Red Onion Compote
We have many years experience of organising events and can recommend the best type of catering for your party. Bowl Food solves many problems for clients.
Everything you need to know about Bowl Food Catering:-
- The smell of the food being cooked in the marquee is heavenly.
- Works well at Cocktail parties and Drinks Receptions which want more than Canapes.
- Helps keep guests chatting and prolongs drinks receptions without breaking the moment.
- Great when you don’t want the formality of a sit down meal.
- Guests can pick and choose what they want.
- By supplying varied dishes you get to please everyone with a little bit of everything.
- Needs to stay bowl food – as soon as it becomes plate food you need tables for guest to sit at.
- Is not really much cheaper than a sit down meal.
- Sometimes a sit down meal is the answer as Bowl Food can be too relaxed.
- There is a point where bowl food become plate food and then you need to sit guests at tables and then you need a bigger marquee because tables take up about twice the space as a cocktail party needs.
- Bowl food is about guests “grazing” for food over a period of time. Not going to a buffet, getting a plateful and sitting down.
- Bowl food is literally that – Food in a bowl – in small amounts. Catering staff cook and then bring the food around to guests, on trays, much like Canapes at a drinks reception. Guests, standing up, take a bowl, eat and then have another later in the evening.
- If you feel you need to you can always supplement the bowl food, later in the night, by having a Pudding Table or Flaming Crepe Suzette Station.
- Don’t over feed your guests. If you not having a sit down meal – don’t feel you need to give them masses to eat. Clients can over face guests. There is balance to be drawn between enough food and excessive food. For a Cocktail Party don’t have Canapes, Bowl Food and pudding and cheese and coffee – It’s just too much, a waste and guests won’t eat it. Much as I want to sell you lots and lots of food it always hurt to see great food thrown away.